Website Rockley Watersports
Rockley College – PE Teacher
Rockley College is seeking to employ a well-qualified, enthusiastic, and motivational teacher to join our education team and deliver on our sixth form courses. At Rockley we run a range of college courses for 16 – 19-year-olds in Sport and Outdoor Adventure. Our courses are truly a vocational experience for our learners, covering academic qualifications, professional national governing body instructor qualifications and work experience.
The successful candidate will be required to teach across our sixth form sport courses and deliver on the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport and Physical Activity and Level 2 Diploma in Sport. The role would suit a passionate teacher that has knowledge and experience of teaching PE, or an experienced class teacher with an interest in Outdoor Adventure / D of E / Scouts and such like.
If you are passionate about your specialist subject and sharing your knowledge, skills and experience and have an enthusiasm for teaching and learning then there has never been a better time to join us!
Working at Rockley is a unique environment and something very special. We attract positive young people on to our courses with a real desire to learn and develop in the sports industry and a career aim of being an instructor or coach in the future. Our sixth form courses are based at our Rockley Point Centre which is on the shores of Poole Harbour. At this centre, the beach really is our playground, and this makes for a very special learning environment for students and staff.
This role is an exciting opportunity for someone to develop their career in a sixth form / college environment where there are lots of opportunities for progression and to craft a diverse role for the future. Full training and support will be offered and therefore applications are welcome from both experienced and newly qualified teachers who are able to teach throughout the age and ability range. As a class teacher at Rockley, you will be fully supported by a team of Outdoor Adventure instructors that cover the practical elements of the course allowing you to focus on delivering excellence in your units and giving you the ability to get involved with practical elements when you are able to. If, however you are experienced in Outdoor Education, then this role could give you the opportunity to combine practical and theoretical delivery to craft the job of your dreams!
Duties will include:
• Plan, prepare and teach lessons.
• Plan, develop and deliver learning plans for individual students.
• Contribute to the development, implementation and review of policies and schemes of work.
• Monitor and assess the achievement of students and provide effective feedback to support learners and ensure their development and achievement
• Record and report the development, progress, and attainment of students.
• Lead, inspire and support learners with a variety of student needs
• Provide ideas and contribute to the design, delivery, future planning and development
of the vocational courses and Rockley Education
• Act as a Rockley representative at parents’ evenings, taster days, open days and
careers or education conventions and fairs
• Organise, and when needed, participate in relevant visits, field trips and residentials
Essential Qualifications and Experience
• Hold a relevant degree / professional qualification or equivalent, preferably in Sport or a related subject
• Hold a relevant teaching qualification (PGCE/Cert Ed/DTTLS)
• Ability to deliver a high standard of teaching, learning and assessment
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with students,
colleagues, and parents.
• Flexible / can do attitude to work
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
• An interest in outdoor adventure
• Sports coaching qualification
• Driving Licence / Minibus / Midas Licence
• Experience of teaching Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport (Outdoor Adventure)
• Experience of providing tutorial support and pastoral/guidance to students
• Experience of safeguarding practices
• Commitment to personal career and professional development
• A commitment to equality, diversity, and inclusivity
Closing Date: 19th July 2021 (9am) Interviews to be held Friday 23rd July 2021
You must sign in to apply for this position.