The PE and School Sports Network is an organisation that supports over 80 primary and secondary schools across Southwark and the neighbouring boroughs. Our team deliver a fantastic range of events that put the children and adults that we work with at the heart of everything that we do. We use our own bespoke programmes to plan and deliver various initiatives ensuring high quality and engaging content for our schools and their pupils.
We are now looking to further build our team with an enthusiastic, passionate and talented physical activity and sports coaching professionals. This is a fantastic opportunity to impact children at a young age and develop a real passion for sport and an active lifestyle.
The role will involve:
• Delivering physical activity and sports sessions in the framework set out in the PESSN programme of study.
• Ensuring all physical activity sports sessions are delivered to the expectation of the role.
• Assessing attainment and pupil performance during physical activity.
• Promoting active lifestyles in and out of school.
• Supporting partner schools to develop effective intra-school and inter-school competition along with a thriving extra-curricular sport provision, with the aim of increasing the engagement of children in sport outside the curriculum.
• Keeping up to date with government initiatives relating to the delivery of physical education, physical activity and school sport.
• Building, maintaining and developing effective relationships with staff, pupils and key stakeholders in partner schools.
The ideal candidates for the role will have:
• Appropriate/relevant PE sports Coaching Qualifications.
• Enthusiasm and passion for sport and education.
• A passion for developing children through sport
• Fun and confident.
• Able to establish good relationships with adults and young people.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-motivated, resilient, enthusiastic.
• Ability to demonstrate commitment and reliability.
• Confident and able to command respect from pupils and others.
• Ability to work successfully both independently and as part of a team.
• Good judgement and knowing when to seek advice or support.
• Good organisation and time management skills.
• Ability to work outside normal working hours, if required.
• An understanding of current safeguarding legislation.
• Willingness to undergo an enhanced DBS Disclosure check.
• A right to work in the UK.
The potential candidates will be required to deliver a practical physical activity session during the interview process. We can offer real job satisfaction and a fun, but hard-working, environment with a real opportunity for professional growth with continued development. This is a one fixed-term role from September 1st 2021 with the prospect of further contracts for high performing candidates.
You must sign in to apply for this position.