Collection of Personal Data through the Site
- We will collect your personal information through your use of the Site when you sign-up and as provided by you through your interactions with the Site including when you upload content to the Site. For example, we may collect your name, address, telephone number, fax number and email address. All information that you provide must be true, complete and accurate.
- When you use the Site, we automatically collect and store information about your computer, browser or mobile device and your activities. This information could include (a) your computer or other device’s unique ID number; (b) your mobile device’s geographic location while you are using the Site; (c) your IP address: (d) technical information about your computer and mobile device such as type of device, web browser or operating system; (e) your preferences and settings such as time zone and language; (f) how long you used the Site and which services and features you used.
Use of the Information
- We may use your personal information to (a) manage your account and provide the services and support you request; (b) prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities and enforce the Terms; (c) customise, measure and improve our services, content and advertising; (d) tell you about our services; (e) better understand our users, diagnose and fix problems; and (f) sell and display offers and ads that may be relevant to you.
- We do not share personal information with others except (a) in accordance with the Terms; (b) when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared; (c) to respond to legal requirements (including under the Data Protection Act 1998 as amended, or its local equivalent) or protect a third party’s rights, property, or safety; and (d) to any service providers, sub-contractors and agents that we may appoint to perform functions on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions, including our payment providers.
- We shall not transfer your personal data outside of the EEA without your prior consent.
- When you provide your personal data to us, you expressly consent to receive email from us. You can choose to no longer receive emails from us by notifying us at [email protected]
- We shall therefore retain your personal data in our records for marketing purposes until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive emails from us.
- A cookie is a small text file containing a unique identification number that is transferred (through your browser) from a website to the hard drive of your computer. The cookie identifies your browser but will not let a website know any personal information about you, such as your name and/or address. These files are then used by websites to identify when users revisit that website.
- We take appropriate technical and organizational against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage, to personal data. The technology that we use and the security policies which we have implemented are intended to safeguard your information from unauthorised access and improper use. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise that your personal information, or other interactions with the Site, other users or us will always remain secure.
- You have the right to obtain from ShareLearnTeach a copy of the personal data that we hold for you, and to require us to correct errors in the personal data that we process for you if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- You have the right to require ShareLearnTeach to delete your personal data, but you acknowledge that if we do so, your ShareLearnTeach account will terminate.
- To exercise these rights, or any other rights you may have under applicable laws, please contact us at [email protected]
ShareLearnTeach – Acceptable Use Policy
ShareLearnTeach provides a friendly, supportive and considerate environment where users can share experience and expertise. Users should ensure that they comply with this AUP, and acknowledge that ShareLearnTeach may take such action as it deems appropriate for any failure to do so.
User Content must not:
- encourage or otherwise deliberately or recklessly involve any breaches of applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice and/or guidelines relating to education;
- include knowingly false, misleading or deceptive information;
- include any copyrights, database rights, trade marks or other intellectual property rights that do not belong to you, unless you have the written consent of the owner of such rights;
- include any content which promotes fraudulent, obscene, pornographic, inappropriate or illegal activities; promotes violence or hatred; is or discriminatory of any group of people; is sexually explicit; or is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- interfere with the access, use or enjoyment of the systems of ShareLearnTeach or any third party, including without limitation causing greater demand on the systems than is deemed by ShareLearnTeach to be reasonable, attacks such as flaming other participants in a manner that might incite or perpetuate a conflict or argument;
- harvest or otherwise collect non-public information about another user obtained through the Site (including without limitation email addresses), without the prior written consent of the holder of the appropriate rights to such information;
- add a Site member to your email or physical mailing list without their consent after adequate disclosure, or use their email address or contact details for antisocial, disruptive, or destructive purposes;
- use another’s User Content except in accordance with the Terms, including by deep-linking, redistributing or facilitating the redistribution of another User’s Content.
Last updated: January 2021