• Curriculum Leader for Physical Education
• The provision of a full learning experience and support for students
All teachers, regardless of their position in the school must consistently meet the following
Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils
Promote good progress and outcomes by pupils
Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge
Plan and teach well-structured lessons
Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all pupils
Make accurate and productive use of assessment
Manage behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment
• To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated
curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate.
• To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a teacher/
• To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the
opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
• To contribute to raising standards of student attainment
• To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for
personal and academic growth.
Strategic Development and Managing Resources:
• To assist in the development of appropriate syllabuses, resources, schemes of work,
marking policies and teaching strategies in the Curriculum Area and Department.
• To contribute to the department’s development plan and its implementation.
• To plan and prepare Schemes of Learning and lessons.
• To contribute to the whole school’s planning activities.
• To assist the Curriculum Leader, the Senior Leadership Team Link, to ensure that the
curriculum area provides a range of teaching which complements the school’s strategic
• To assist in the process of curriculum development and change so as to ensure the
continued relevance to the needs of students, examining and awarding bodies and the
school’s Mission Statement.
Standards and Achievement:
• To help to implement school quality procedures and to adhere to those.
• To contribute to the process of monitoring and evaluation of the curriculum
area/department in line with agreed school procedures, including evaluation against
quality standards and performance criteria. To seek/implement modification and
improvement where required.
• To review from time to time methods of teaching and Schemes of Learning.
• To take part, as may be required, in the review, development and management of
activities relating to the curriculum, organisation and pastoral functions of the school.
• To contribute to the process of the ordering and allocation of equipment and materials.
• To assist the Curriculum Leader to identify resource needs and to contribute to the
efficient/effective use of physical resources.
• To co-operate with other staff to ensure a sharing and effective usage of resources to the
benefit of the School, department and the students.
Teaching & Learning:
• To teach, students according to their educational needs, including the setting and
marking of work to be carried out by the student in school and elsewhere.
• To assess, record and report on the attendance, progress, development and attainment
of students and to keep such records as are required.
• To provide, or contribute to, oral and written assessments, reports and references
relating to individual students and groups of students
• To ensure that Literacy, Numeracy and school subject specialism(s) are reflected in the
teaching/learning experience of students
• To undertake a designated programme of teaching
• To ensure a high quality learning experience for students which meet internal and
external quality standards
• To prepare and update subject materials.
• To use a variety of delivery methods which will stimulate learning, be appropriate to
student needs and meet the requirements of the syllabus.
• To maintain discipline in accordance with the school’s procedures, and to encourage
good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework.
• To undertake assessment of students as requested by external examination bodies,
departmental and school procedures
• To mark, grade and give written/verbal and diagnostic in line with the school’s area
Assessment, Feedback and Tracking:
• To maintain appropriate records and to provide relevant accurate and up-to-date
information for MIS, registers, etc.
• To complete the relevant documentation to assist in the tracking of students.
• To track student progress and use information to inform teaching and learning
• To take part in the school’s staff development programme by participating in
arrangements for further training and professional development.
• To continue personal development in the relevant areas including subject knowledge and
• To engage actively in the Appraisal process.
• To ensure the effective/efficient deployment of classroom support
• To work as a member of a designated team and to contribute positively to effective
working relations within the school.
Student Support and Progress:
• To be a Form Tutor to an assigned group of students.
• To promote the general progress and well-being of individual students and of the Form
Tutor Group as a whole.
• To liaise with the College Leader to ensure the implementation of the school’s Pastoral
• To register students, accompany them to assemblies, encourage their full attendance at
all lessons and their participation in other aspects of school life
• To evaluate and monitor the progress of students and keep up-to-date student records
as may be required.
• To contribute to the preparation of Action Plans and progress files and other reports.
• To alert the appropriate staff to problems experienced by students and to make
recommendations as to how these may be resolved.
• To communicate as appropriate, with the parents of students and with persons or bodies
outside the school concerned with the welfare of individual students, after consultation
with the appropriate staff
• To contribute to PSHCE and citizenship and enterprise according to school policy
• To apply the Behaviour management systems so that effective learning can take place.
Communications, Marketing and Liaison:
• To communicate effectively with the parents of students as appropriate.
• Where appropriate, to communicate and co-operate with persons or bodies outside the
• To follow agreed policies for communications in the school.
• To take part in marketing and liaison activities such as Open Evenings, Parents
Evenings, Review days and liaison events with partner schools.
• To contribute to the development of effective subject links with external agencies.
• To play a full part in the life of the school community, to support its distinctive mission
and ethos and to encourage staff and students to follow this example.
• Employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from a manager to
undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description.
• Employees are expected to be courteous to colleagues and provide a welcoming
environment to visitors and telephone callers.
• The school will endeavour to make any necessary reasonable adjustments to the job and
the working environment to enable access to employment opportunities for disabled job
applicants or continued employment for any employee who develops a disabling
• This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and
young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This job description is current at the date shown, but, in consultation with you, may be
changed by the Headteacher to reflect or anticipate changes in the job commensurate with
the grade and job title.
Health and Safety
The post holder is required to make positive efforts to maintain their own personal safety and
that of others by taking reasonable care, carrying out requirements of the law following
recognised codes of practice. The post holder is also required to be aware of and comply
with government and school policies on health and safety and to complete training in the
relevant areas to meet all safeguarding and health and safety standards as detailed in SuAS
You must sign in to apply for this position.