Purpose of job: Using 5 days per week or equivalent, responsible for the co-ordination, delivery and development of the PE & School Sports Network Health and Wellbeing programmes across a specified group of local primary, secondary and special schools. The role will also include working with multiple agencies, including local authority. This is a 37.5 hours per week full time contract.
The PE and School Sports Network is an organisation that supports over 80 primary and secondary schools across Southwark and the neighbouring boroughs. Our team deliver a fantastic range of events that put the children and adults that we work with at the heart of everything that we do. We use our own bespoke programmes to plan and deliver various initiatives ensuring high quality and engaging content for our schools and their pupils. The health and wellbeing role is designed to increase participation in school health programmes and support schools to promote healthy lifestyles.
We are now looking for an enthusiastic, passionate, and talented Health and Wellbeing lead. This is a fantastic opportunity to impact children at a young age and develop a real passion for a healthy active lifestyle. This will be achieved by the post holder through the following task list* with guidance from Network managers, YST, government and local authority initiatives and programmes.
The role will involve:
· Leading and delivering our health and wellbeing programmes across the borough and further afield to all our schools.
· Increase the number of primary and secondary schools participating in health and wellbeing programme.
· Acting as the direct contact within the Network for all health specific related projects and programmes.
· Promote health opportunities for children in schools across Southwark and neighbouring boroughs.
· Maintain/update our programmes/resources for all partners.
· Maintain/update our online health provisions/programmes.
· Deliver the health and wellbeing programme and Family Wellbeing Hub.
· Ensure the provision of inclusive and targeted opportunities for young disabled people to access health initiatives.
· Lead the development of health specific and participation-based projects and programmes across the Network.
· Managing spend of health and wellbeing budget.
· Monitor and evaluate the Networks progress in relation to the key performance indicators set by the Network.
· Support partner schools to develop bespoke in school programmes such as Healthy Living Week, Healthy Schools London Award, parental engagement, and targeted programmes.
· Supporting primary subject leaders in developing health and wellbeing in their school.
· Ensure successful and beneficial relations with key partners including local clubs, sport and recreation providers, health partners/establishments, Local Government, Schools, National Governing Bodies, Sport England, Youth Sport Trust, and voluntary organisations.
· Keeping up to date with government initiatives relating to the delivery of health & wellbeing and mental health.
· Building, maintaining, and developing effective relationships with staff, pupils, and key stakeholders in partner schools.
· Continue with delivery and expansion of our mental health programmes which include yoga and mindfulness.
· Promote active lifestyles in and out of school.
· Ensure that all young people can access quality health provision, including participation events.
· Increase parental engagement and maintain the LPESSN Parent Health Hub.
· Keep up to date with government initiatives relating to initiatives relating to the delivery of health and wellbeing, mental health, physical education, physical activity and sport.
· Build, maintain and develop effective relationships with staff, pupils and key stakeholders in partner schools and other organisations.
The ideal candidates for the role will have:
· Appropriate/relevant nutrition, health and wellbeing qualifications/experience.
· Knowledge of nutrition fundamentals, healthy eating messages and physical activity recommendations.
· High level of organisation – able to plan short, medium- and long-term projects.
· Enthusiasm and passion for nutrition and health, sport, and education.
· Knowledge of yoga and mindfulness.
· A passion for developing children through sport, health and wellbeing.
· Fun and confident nature.
· Ability to establish good relationships with adults and young people.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Self-motivation, resilience, enthusiasm.
· Ability to demonstrate commitment and reliability.
· Confidence and ability to command respect from pupils and others.
· Ability to work successfully both independently and as part of a team.
· Good judgement and knowing when to seek advice or support.
· Good organisation and time management skills.
· Ability to work outside normal working hours, if required.
· An understanding of current safeguarding legislation.
· Ability to set local targets and report progress against these on a termly basis.
· Willingness to undergo an enhanced DBS Disclosure check.
· A right to work in the UK.
We can offer real job satisfaction and a fun, but hard-working, environment with a real opportunity for professional growth with continued development. This is a one year fixed-term role from
Wednesday 1st September 2021 with the prospect of further contracts for high performing candidates.
· To contribute to the strategic planning and leadership of the delivery of high-quality competition and festival provision and physical activity across the learning community.
· To lead on the health and wellbeing programme implementation and delivery in primary schools.
· To ensure that ALL young people are included in the delivery of physical activity and health.
· To raise the profile of health and wellbeing across schools.
· To support other PESSN programmes when appropriate.
· Develop the delivery of health and wellbeing/mental health programmes.
· To actively network with local organisations to secure support for high quality health provision.
· To engage and involve more young people in community health opportunities and develop effective school/club links.
· To work with the senior management team to implement strategies for whole school improvement in health and wellbeing.
· To support the PE co-ordinator in their cluster schools with implementing health and wellbeing in school
· To support and meet on a regular basis with PE Co-ordinator, establish departmental responsibilities and contribute to departmental meetings within your cluster schools.
· To promote the benefits and successes of the programme and ensure it has a high profile.
· To support the rest of the network team in the delivery of all our other programmes across the academic year.
· To complete Health and Safety checks, COVID secure tests on a daily, weekly, and annual basis.
Other Enthusiasm for health, sport, and physical activity. Recognition of the diversity in cultures and nationalities within each school. Willingness to be involved. extra-curricular activities.
· To have a flexible approach to work ensuring that out of school learning opportunities are delivered and monitored effectively. This may on occasion, involve supporting and contributing during evenings and weekends.
· To attend appropriate professional development courses as identified through the post holders training needs.
You must sign in to apply for this position.