Extra-Curricular DANCE TEACHER
Hours: 2-3 hours per week, days of the week are flexible
September- July, term time only
Bucks Pay Range 2 £30 an hour
Salary dependent on teaching experience/qualifications
Start Date: September 2021
Responsible to: Dance Teacher/Director of Sports Coaching / Head of PE
Purpose of Post: Delivery of high-quality extracurricular dance teaching in a successful PE department at Beaconsfield High School.
1. Applicants will be responsible for teaching Advanced Dance groups. Students audition to get into these groups and are aged 11-18.
2. The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate excellent teaching ability; displaying strong subject knowledge, leadership and communication skills. With the capability of adjusting their sessions based on a varied skill level.
3. As this post involves working with young and vulnerable people, the appointment will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check
1. Applicants should ideally have experience of teaching a range of dance disciplines to a high standard. Contemporary, Jazz and Street/Commercial are desirable.
2. Teaching qualifications are also desirable. However, experience will be taken into consideration.
3. The ability to support with and attend competitions and events is desirable.
As per part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016, “the ability to converse with ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English” is an essential requirement for this role.
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken has not been identified.
Open deadline for application: Any applicants would be interviewed as soon as possible
You must sign in to apply for this position.